Welcome to the Falmouth Democratic Town Committee (FDTC) Website. To learn more about the FDTC, we encourage you to attend one of our virtual Zoom meetings which are held on the third Wednesday of each month. The meetings feature informative, issue oriented speakers. We also host social events before each meeting with time to discuss the issues of the day, celebrate electoral and legislative victories, meet candidates and elected officials, and air gripes about the extremist fringe.
Recently FDTC members were active in:
- Grassroots campaign to elect Democrats in State and County elections
- Phone banking, voter registration, and letter writing to Swing State voters for the Presidential elections and Georgia US Senate Runoffs
- Shaping Massachusetts Democratic Party’s Platform
- Attending the Massachusetts Democratic Party State Convention as Delegates
- Participating in activist training workshops
- Sponsoring candidate forums and issue discussions focused on gender inequality and reproductive rights, income inequality and opportunity inequality, race, Mid-East foreign policy, campaign finance reform, climate change and renewable energy, fair labor practices and protection of civil rights, and transportation for Massachusetts
Mass Dems delegates to the Convention voted virtually on September 25 to accept 2021 Party Platform with all 24 proposed amendments. Led by Co-chairs Sheriff Steve Tompkins, Jay Gonzalez, and Shannon Liss-Riordan, the Platform Committee solicited input from Massachusetts Democrats during seven official hearings and through hundreds of pieces of written testimony and crafted an ambitious document to guide us for the next four years.
President Biden recently signed the $1.9 Trillion Dollar American Rescue Plan (ARP), sending direct relief to Americans in Massachusetts and across the country. President Biden has also launched the “Help is Here” tour to make sure Americans understand what is in the ARP and the benefits available to them. We all can help spread the word in Falmouth and the Cape.
If you have a story about how the American Rescue Plan will help you and your family and you would like to share it with the White House Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships Team, please click here.
The Falmouth Democratic Town Committee hosted fundraiser on Wednesday, February 17, 7PM for the Thelma Goldstein Scholarship Fund. Prominent Democrats who knew Thelma shared reminiscences. Donations to the scholarship fund can be made by check payable to FDTC Scholarship Fund and mailed to FDTC, Box 312, Falmouth, MA 02541.
The scholarship honors the memory of one of Falmouth’s most influential and inspirational Democrats. The scholarship in her name has been awarded since 2014 to a Falmouth High School graduate, accepted at a two-year or four-year college or university, with demonstrated activities and commitment to public service and civic engagement, financial need, and academic achievement.