Bills submitted for the 2017 Massachusetts Legislative Session were reviewed at the Falmouth Democratic Town Committee (FDTC) meeting on Wednesday March 15th. Dr. Roger Kligler spoke about An Act Relative to the End of Life Option. The Massachusetts Legislature is considering a Death with Dignity bill modeled on the Oregon law. The act would give terminally ill people more freedom, control, and peace of mind at the end of their lives.
Marlene Pollack, Coalition for Social Justice, discussed legislation for Paid Family Medical Leave. Paid Family Medical Leave will ensure that Massachusetts workers are not forced to choose between work and their own health needs or the well-being of their children and other family members.
Representative Dylan Fernandes sponsored and endorsed multiple bills for the current session. To help fund affordable housing on Nantucket, Rep. Fernandes submitted bill to allow Real Estate Transfer Fee.
- Falmouth Democratic Town Committee Campaign Headquarters Now Open
- Falmouth Caucus to Elect Delegates to Massachusetts Democratic Party Endorsing Convention on Sunday February 11th 1PM, Morse Pond School
- Message from the Chair Falmouth Democratic Town Committee
- 2017 Massachusetts Democratic Party Platform Convention
- Bills Submitted for 2017 Massachusetts Legislative Session
DO NOT EDIT